Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Radical Read

I enjoyed reading David Platt's book, The Radical Question and A Radical Idea.  It wasn't what I had expected.  In fact, there was one point in the reading (the small book makes it a quick read, but must be read with the whole brain open), where I considered not reading it.  I think it was partly my own interpretation and partly Platt's bluntness in how he writes.  He mentions that scripture does not state that one must accept Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior in order to be saved.  While there is proof to contradict that statement, I believe the point Platt was trying to make is that the act described should not be all that we do in order to be Christians.  We are called to do more, such as become disciples, make disciples, take care of the orphans, widows, and the poor, etc.

I found the book to be a keeper for referring to often.  I liked Platt's writing style as well as the information that isn't typically covered in most Christian books or books on Christianity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment